3 replies to this topic

#1 EmFeld

EmFeld

part human part machine

• 5,178 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Facebook Picks NASDAQ Over NYSE For IPO

Source: http://www.techcrunc...id=tc_home_art

According to The New York Times, Facebook has picked the NASDAQ to list its shares in the company’s
upcoming IPO in May. This is a huge win for the exchange, which has been battling the New York Stock Exchange for tech company listings over the past year.

Facebook, which will list its shares under the symbol FB, is set to be the largest public offering since Google, reports The New York Times’ Evelyn Rusli. And Facebook could be valued as high as $100 billion in the IPO. It’s been a veritable war between the two exchanges over tech company listings. Last year, NASDAQ got big listings with Zynga and Groupon, whereas the NYSE got LinkedIn and Pandora. In this
year’s round of IPOs, Yelp and Millennial Media chose the NYSE, and Brightcove went with NASDAQ.

We should see Facebook confirm the listing in an updated S-1 filing soon.

Will you be buying the stock?

Regards

-EmFeld-

#2 dcL

dcL

‡‡‡ Morning Star ‡‡‡

• 3,937 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

Well :Nerd: Facebook stock will definitely spike up after its IPO due to the company high profile and much anticipated IPO. But nobody really knows how much its real worth are.

So it will spike up and after a week or so (maybe sooner) it will correct it self (price will go down) to a reasonable market value. But still above IPO price.

After the price settled down, then we will see what the stock real value is and where it is going :Nerd:

Standard disclaimer applied :haha:

#3 EmFeld

EmFeld

part human part machine

• 5,178 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

judging from the company culture, the correction will not be extreme. The biggest problem is on increasing the profitability of facebook since it depends a lot on 3rd party companies.

Also it'll be interesting to see if they'll start making their own mobile device to integrate their products.

regards

-EmFeld-

#4 dcL

dcL

‡‡‡ Morning Star ‡‡‡

• 3,937 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

I hate it when I'm right, and its even worst then I thought

Facebook IPO price was set at 38 US$ and it goes up to US$ 45 but last night it closed at US$ 34 . Bellow its IPO price.

Now the market is just having one of the worst week last week and FB just getting dragged into it but I honestly think that It will go lower

BlueFame.Com A Blue Alternative Community for Peace, Love, Friendship, and Cyber Solidarity © 2006 - 2011
All Rights Reserved Unless Otherwise Specified

BlueFame Part Division
BlueFameStyle | BlueFame Upload | BlueFame Radio | BlueFameMail | Advertise here!

BlueFame DMCA Policy